With your Acorns Checking account, you have the option to temporarily lock your Acorns Visa™ debit card. This can be useful if you misplace your card or experience any unauthorized activity.
In order to lock your card, please take the following steps:
- Log into your Acorns account
- Select 'Checking' and navigate to the Acorns Checking/Acorns Debit Card menu
- Open the settings menu on the top right of the page (the gear icon on the mobile app; the avatar on the web)
- Toggle the lock card button.
Note: The same steps can be taken when you need to unlock your debit card
- Placing a temporary lock on your card will not stop any pending or scheduled ACH transactions associated with your Acorns Checking account.
- Placing a lock on your card will also not stop your monthly subscription fee. For more information regarding Acorns fee structure, please click here.
- If you are locking your card due to unauthorized activity, please click here and follow the steps.