Once you’ve connected a checking account or a debit/credit card, Acorns will round-up each transaction to the nearest dollar. We track that leftover spare change and, once your Round-Ups® add up to at least $5, invest it for you in your Acorns Invest account.
These investments will be *funded* by withdrawing funds from your linked primary checking account. You can review your linked primary checking account by going to Settings > Linked Accounts.
To set up Round-Ups®, follow the steps below:
- After logging in to your account, tap 'Invest'
- Tap 'Round-Ups® Settings'
- You can then decide your preferences and tap 'Save'
- After logging in to your account, click on 'Invest'
- Click on 'Round-Ups® Settings'
- You can then decide your preferences and follow any prompts to confirm
Please note that if you do not maintain enough funds in your primary checking account to sufficiently cover your Round-Ups® investments, you could incur overdraft fees with your financial institution.
Article is closed for comments.