To help keep your Acorns accounts safe, you may be required to verify ownership of your linked checking account.
To confirm that the bank account you're linking is a bank account that belongs to you, we'll send two micro-deposits to the account, each less than $1.
These two small deposits are typically sent 1-3 business days after your first investment has been started. Click here for more info on how to make your first investment.
How to know when to verify the deposits
You can check on the status of your bank linking progress anytime by checking your linked accounts. You can see your linked accounts by navigating to your profile and then Settings.
Here's what each status update means:
- Bank linking initiated: Acorns has sent two separate deposits to your checking account
- Deposits arrived: This will show the date the deposits arrived in your checking account
- Verify deposits: You can now confirm the deposit amounts from your checking account
How to verify the deposits
Once the bank linking progress status says "Verify deposits," here's what to do:
- Log in to your online bank account
- Identify the two small deposits in your checking account, under the name “Acorns Investing CO ENTRY”
- Log in to your Acorns account from your Acorns app or acorns.com
- Select the in-app alert “Verify Now”
- Check the bank linking progress status — once the bank linking progress shows "Verify Deposits," it's ready for you to verify the amounts
- Select “Verify Deposits”
- Enter the amounts of the deposits in your bank account to complete the verification
How many attempts can I make to verify the deposits?
You'll have three chances to enter the verification amounts.
If the bank linking progress status says "Verification failed," you've used too many attempts to verify the two deposits. You'll need to either resend or contact support.
To resend the deposits, select “Resend verification deposits” to try again. These small deposits take 1-3 business days to show up in your linked primary checking account.
Heads up: you can only resend the verification deposits a maximum of two more times. If there are too many failed attempts when verifying these deposits, you may see a message saying that your Acorns account is locked. If this happens, please contact us to help unlock and verify your account.