Why can’t I have someone other than my spouse as my beneficiary?

Article author
Carlee S.
  • Updated

If you live in a community property state like Arizona, California, Idaho, Louisiana, Nevada, New Mexico, Texas, Washington, or Wisconsin, and you want to choose a beneficiary other than your spouse, your spouse will need to sign a notarized document saying as much. You can contact Acorns Support for this form. 

Was this article helpful?

1 out of 1 found this helpful

Have more questions? Submit a request



Article is closed for comments.