Our Checking and Emergency Fund APY offerings are currently only available for customers who have the Mighty Oak Card at the $5 Personal and $9 Premium Tiers. If you already have an Acorns Checking account in those tiers and are looking to open the Mighty Oak Card, you must close your existing Acorns Checking and Emergency Fund accounts.
- You’re looking to switch from Lincoln Savings Bank to nbkc bank (with access to the Mighty Oak Card and APY)
- You’re looking to switch from nbkc bank to nbkc bank (with access to the Mighty Oak Card and APY)
- Log into your Acorns account
- Click on Settings > My Subscription
- Close Checking
- Close Emergency Fund
- Please note: all pending transactions must settle before the checking account can be closed. It can take 1-3 business days for the funds to transfer and reflect at your primary linked account.
Once your Acorns Checking and Emergency Fund accounts have been closed, you will be able to set up the Mighty Oak Card with nbkc bank by simply tapping on the Mighty Oak Card section on your Home feed.
Please note the following:
- If you have any recurring payments or billing setup tied to your Acorns Checking account or Acorns debit card, be sure to update your information for those accounts.
- If you had an existing direct deposit going into your Acorns Checking account, please be sure to contact your employer to update your direct deposit account and routing numbers once your Mighty Oak Card account has been created.
- Mighty Oak Card is only available on our $5/month Personal Plus and $9/month Premium subscription tiers.
If you have any additional questions, please let me know!
(Acorns is not a bank. Acorns Visa™ debit cards and banking services are issued by Lincoln Savings Bank or nbkc bank, members FDIC)