I am a California resident, what rights do I have under the California Privacy Rights Act?

Article author
Alexander G.
  • Updated

Under the California Privacy Rights Act (CPRA), if you are a California resident, you may ask businesses to disclose what personal information they have about you and what they do with that information, to delete your personal information, to direct businesses not to sell or share your personal information, to correct inaccurate information that they have about you, and to limit businesses’ use and disclosure of your sensitive personal information. 

Please note that the CPRA does not apply to non-public personal information collected by financial institutions governed by certain federal regulations, such as the Gramm-Leach Bliley Act. As a result, the CPRA does not apply to most of the personal information that Acorns collects from you as a customer.

Was this article helpful?

0 out of 1 found this helpful

Have more questions? Submit a request



Article is closed for comments.