|PLEASE NOTE: Closing your individual accounts does not cancel your subscription. You will continue to be billed for your monthly subscription until it is canceled. If you are trying to cancel or alter your Acorns Subscription you can do so here. See our Support FAQ for more information on how to cancel your subscription.|
There are many different types of accounts within Acorns (Invest, Later, Checking, or Early). If you no longer want to have one of these account types active, you can close them at any time.
Within the Acorns App:
- After logging in to your account, tap the menu (avatar) in the upper left corner of the screen
- Tap "Settings"
- Select "My Subscription"
- Tap the individual account(s) that you would like to close (Invest, Later, Checking, or Early)
- Tap "Close account" and the in-app experience will guide you through the process
- After logging in to your account, tap the menu (avatar) in the upper right corner of the screen
- Click on "Profile & Settings"
- Select "My Subscription"
- Scroll down to "Change tier" and click on "Close account"
- Select the account you want to close and the step-by-step instructions will come up to guide you through the process
Please keep the following in mind when closing your Acorns accounts:
- Once you request to close your account, your funds will be liquidated and returned to your linked primary checking account in 3-6 business days.
- You’ll need a verified checking account linked to your Acorns account so that we can transfer your money when closing your account. For steps on how to view your linked accounts, click here.
- If you have any transactions processing (e.g., Round-Ups®, Recurring Investment) into, or out of, any of your Acorns accounts, you will need to wait for those to finish processing before closing the account(s). To review processing transactions, follow these steps.
- Additionally, if you close your Invest account, any pending Earn Rewards, Referral Rewards, and/or Round-Ups® will be canceled.
- Please note, there may be tax implications associated with making withdrawals and closing your account(s). Please consult your tax advisor or visit www.irs.gov with any questions prior to closing your account.
- To find more information about transactions and processing time frames, please click here.
Important Tax Information
Please note that you may receive important tax forms from Acorns necessary for filing your taxes. We will email you more information as tax time nears or you can check for forms here. (Acorns does not provide tax advice. Please consult a tax advisor with any questions).
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to support.