We do not have a way of switching both your portfolio theme and risk type under one taxable event. Acorns will recommend a portfolio and risk level for you based on the questions you answered in your Investor Profile. The risk levels range from Conservative to Aggressive. The default Portfolio Theme is the Core portfolio. Once you have selected your portfolio based on your risk level, you then have the option to switch to an ESG portfolio if you choose to do so. Updating your risk level and portfolio theme at the same time may create two potential tax events. We would recommend evaluating whether this is an acceptable action with a tax advisor.
Please see the steps below to override our portfolio risk recommendation:
Within the Acorns App:
- Tap "Invest"
- Tap "Portfolio"
- Tap "Risk"
- Use the buttons at the top of the screen to scroll through the different profiles
- Tap "Change Portfolio"
- Confirm the change by following the dialogue box
- From the home screen, click on "Invest"
- Click on "Portfolio"
- Click on "Risk"
- Use the left and right arrows to scroll through each portfolio
- Click on "Change Portfolio" at the bottom of the screen to make your selection