What is a Dividend?
A dividend is a periodic payout of earnings that some companies share with investors. Think of it as a little bonus on top of regular returns.
Are Dividends reinvested?
Acorns automatically reinvests your dividends for you, which can help your investment balance grow faster.
Where can I find my Dividends?
You can view your dividends by logging in to your account and clicking on “Invest.” Go to Recent activity and click on “View all.” In the green box, you will see a summary of activity. Below the green box, you will see individual transactions. Click on a “Dividend” and it will provide more information regarding that particular dividend, along with an option to “Download Trade Confirmation.”
How often are Dividends paid out?
For more on dividends and the benefits of reinvesting them, see this Learn article.
Each ETF processes dividends at different time intervals. You can find the dividend payout schedule below. Please note: depending on your portfolio, your investments may not include some of these ETFs. To see which ETFs your portfolio includes, please visit Acorns.com/invest or the “Portfolio” screen in your account.
- Large Company Stocks (VOO) - Quarterly
- Small Company Stocks (IJR) - Quarterly
- International Company Stocks (IXUS) - Quarterly
- Short Term USD Bonds (ISTB) - Monthly
- US Aggregate Bonds (AGG) - Monthly
- iShares Core S&P Mid-Cap ETF (IJH) - Quarterly
- iShares ESG Aware MSCI USA ETF (ESGU) - Quarterly
- iShares ESG Aware U.S. Aggregate Bond ETF (EAGG) - Monthly
- iShares ESG Aware MSCI EM ETF (ESGE) - Semi-Annually
- iShares ESG Aware MSCI USA Small-Cap ETF (ESML) - Quarterly
- iShares ESG Aware 1-5 Year USD Corporate Bond ETF (SUSB) - Monthly
- iShares ESG Aware MSCI EAFE ETF (ESGD) - Semi-Annually
- iShares 1-3 Year Treasury Bond ETF (SHY) - Monthly
- iShares MSCI USA ESG Select ETF (SUSA) - Quarterly
- iShares U.S. Treasury Bond ETF (GOVT) - Monthly
- iShares MBS ETF (MBB) - Monthly
- iShares ESG Aware USD Corporate Bond ETF (SUSC) - Monthly
FOR CONSERVATIVE PORTFOLIO ONLY:
- iShares Short Treasury Bond (SHV) - Monthly
- SPDR Bloomberg Barclays 1-3 Month T-Bill (BIL) - Monthly
- Goldman Sachs Access Treasury 0-1 Year (GBIL) - Monthly
- JPMorgan Ultra-Short Income (JPST) - Monthly
- iShares Ultra Short-Term Bond (ICSH) - Monthly
For more information, you can visit the Vanguard or BlackRock website regarding ETFs.
Article is closed for comments.